Stress and Anxiety Factors
Have you ever found yourself in a situation that brought on sweats, rapid heartbeat and shortness of breath? This was most probably an anxiety attack. Learning to manage anxiety is the first step to overcoming it.
In the case of frequent anxiety, the anxiety is more a fear of a particular situation as opposed to the situation itself. For instance being late for an important appointment can cause anxiety.
It is normal to experience panic or anxiety in small ways. Like the fight or flight example, it can save your life. In new situations, we get stressed but when the outcome we are anxious about doesn’t materialize, the anxiety stops. For someone with chronic anxiety, the anxiety doesn’t go away.
Every situation that brings anxiety is not life-threatening. More than likely it is an extremely stressful situation that has brought on the anxiety as a way of dealing with it. Continuous uncontrolled anxiety of this type can lead to depression.
If you suffer from anxiety attacks on occasion or a more frequent anxiety disorder, there are some steps you can take to keep it under control.
- See a professional. This is always a good place to start. Self-diagnosis of any type of physical or mental condition is unwise and can be dangerous.
- Make sure that you get quality sleep. During the sleep cycle, your body repairs itself. You feel more rested after several hours of restorative sleep, reaching the REM stage. Most people need eight hours a night which varies within an hour or two each way. Schiff Melatonin Ultra Sleep Support Tablets – 300 ct.This product from Schiff may be of help in assisting you to get quality sleep, besides a whole range of other benefits. I really like Schiff because of their excellent quality.
- Exercise regularly. Besides anything else exercise helps you to use oxygen more efficiently. It also increases focus which may help you find solutions to problems rather than just worrying about them.
- Meditate. Meditation is more than chanting mantras. Yoga is an exercise that involves quieting the mind and controlling your breathing. There are many different forms of Yoga – choose a “style” which suits you. Simple mediation such as taking 5 minutes to clear your mind everyday can work wonders in the fight against anxiety.
- Manage the worry. When you feel your pulse start to quicken, focus on your breathing. As you breathe in focus on the air filling your abdomen first, and then your lungs.
- Find some activity that helps you to relax! Stress can be exhausting! On a regular basis, do something you like such as walking, gardening, painting, reading or listening to music.
When you breathe out concentrate on the breath leaving your abdomen/stomach first and then your lungs. If you focus on the act of breathing like this it will help you to steady your nerves, your oxygen supply to the critical areas of your body is enhanced, and this in turn will not only help you relax but help you to apply more efficient “brain power” to the situation.
Planetary Herbals Full Spectrum Ashwagandha 570 mg Tablets’ 120 tablets (Pack of 2) Ashwagandha (Winter Cherry) is one of the Ayurvedic herbs which is revered for its ability to improve mood, quality of sleep and general reaction to stressful situations. The one I recommend is made by Planetary Herbals and I see that at the moment there is a two-for-one offer. This is truly the “Rolls Royce” of nerve and general tonic herbs.
Many people swear by this product. Michael Tierra, one of the originators of Planetary Herbals was involved in my training and so I know the quality of these products is excellent.
Anxiety can come into your life at any time. It’s normal. When the anxiety becomes frequent you could be at risk for more serious conditions.
If you feel your anxiety is starting to take over your life or increasingly causing you problems, seek help immediately. There is no need to suffer this debilitating condition in silence. There are some wonderful natural remedies out there which many say help with this debilitating condition.
Michael Tierra, a world renowned Herbalist and TCM (Traditional Chinese Medicine) teacher was involved in the development of these formulas. Planetary Herbals Schizandra Adrenal Complex is a great product which I highly recommend. There are many other herbs out there as well which have an excellent reputation for assisting with the management of stress and anxiety.
For a list of some of these don’t hesitate to contact me.